Be a part of something special
Join Our Team
the General Manager of Beacon House Thrift Shop
The Beacon House Open Positions
The Beacon House Association of San Pedro is a state-certified, residential substance abuse recovery program for men with a sincere desire to achieve long-lasting abstinence from drugs and alcohol. As residents of the Beacon House, the men are provided with food, shelter, counseling, peer group support, educational opportunities, and career training through our social enterprise programs, including the Beacon House Thrift stores. This allows the men to develop the life, career, and social skills they need to build a foundation in recovery, while preparing them for a strong reintegration into the job market and a bright future when they return to their family, home, and community.
The mission of The Beacon House Association of San Pedro is to help men achieve recovery from alcoholism and addiction to other drugs. We provide long-term treatment and foster a recovery community grounded in character building and spiritual values. We strive to help men realize their full potential and live productive, purpose-driven lives.
The vision of the Beacon House Association of San Pedro is to provide the best recovery to the most people and inspire hope throughout the world.
Certified Substance Use Counselor – Residential
The schedule would be: Wednesday- Sunday (3:00pm- 11:30pm)
· Primarily responsible for the provision of direct services to clients, among these: individual counseling; group counseling; case management; assessment; psychoeducation for individuals in long-term recovery (e.g. education, obtaining employment, social relationships, work ethic, career development, finances, etc.)
· Completes clinical documentation in SAGE or FYIDB within 72 hours of the provision of service; successfully documents 100% of clinical encounters / treatment services; ensures clinical documentation meets or exceeds agency standards
· Facilitates group counseling and ensures that the curriculum being taught aligns with Alcoholics Anonymous and 12-step concepts as well as appropriate agency messaging; employs evidenced-based, SAPC-mandated counseling techniques MI, CBT, etc.
· Maintain case load of active clients for which the counselor establishes treatment plans, regularly assesses client needs, assigns client to appropriate groups, ensures appropriate care and advocacy is provided… treatment planning is conducted with the client and treatment goals are relevant and meaningful for the client
· Monitors ongoing changes in medical needs and medication for their clients
· Determines client financial eligibility and submits appropriate authorizations to funders
· Familiarizes self with SAPC’s Provider Manual, DHCS AOD Certification standards and other regulations regarding clinical documentation, provision of direct services, medication etc.
· Ensures one’s own practices comply with DHCS, SAPC, CARF, Drug Medi-Cal, and other relevant regulatory bodies… HIPAA, 42 CFR Part B
· Participate in continuing education, as required by Certifying/Licensing bodies;
· Participate in staff meetings as required, including the weekly interdisciplinary meetings and communicates with outpatient team regarding client strengths, needs, preferences; practices consultation with other SUD Counselors and Program Director regarding counseling choices
· Maintains a standard of professionalism conducive to a professional health care facility (e.g. punctuality, assertive communication, responsibly maintaining a schedule or appointment book, responsibly managing other assignments or projects, etc.)
· Treats the counselor-client relationship appropriately, maintaining appropriate professional boundaries, treating client with respect, monitoring one’s own biases, transference, and emotional reactions.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $23.00 - $26.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- 8-hour shift
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Addiction counseling: 2 years (Required)
- SUD Counselor Certification or RADT (Required)
Work Location: In person
The Beacon House Association of San Pedro is a state-certified, residential substance abuse recovery program for men with a sincere desire to achieve long-lasting abstinence from drugs and alcohol. As...